CAT-QoL - a paediatric disease-specific measure of health related quality of life.
The CAT-QoL is a paediatric disease-specific measure of health related quality of life. This has been developed with children aged between 4- 7 years with amblyopia. The items (questions) are based on interviews with over 50 children who had (or previously had) amblyopia.
The CAT-QoL is a disease-specific health related quality of life (HRQoL) measure for amblyopia in children between 4 - 7 years of age. It has eight items (questions), which encompass physical, psychological and social aspects of daily life. Each item has three response levels.The patients complete this questionnaire themselves, which has a recall period of a week.
The CATQoL instrument was developed using “bottom-up” methods, and patient data was used at every stage in the instrument design. The instrument has been shown to have good content and face validity. The psychometric properties of the CAT-QoL instrument have been assessed following a multi-centre United Kingdom (UK) validation study. A Rasch scoring conversion chart is available.
Seven treatment specific versions are available:
• Patch and drops
• Patch and glasses
• Glasses and drops
• Glasses patch and drops
- Carlton (Aug 2011), Clinicians’ perspectives of health related quality of life (HRQoL) implications of amblyopia: a qualitative study., The British and Irish Orthoptic Journal, Aug 2011 Vol 8, 18-23
- Carlton (Aug 2013), Identifying potential themes for the Child Amblyopia Treatment Questionnaire, Optom Vis Sci 2013;, 90(8), 867-73
- Carlton (2013), Developing the draft descriptive system for the Child Amblyopia Treatment Questionnaire (CAT-QoL): a mixed methods study. , Health Qual Life Outcomes, 11:174
- Carlton J. (Sep 2019), Comparison of the CAT-QoL and PedsQLTM instruments in measuring quality of life in amblyopia treatment: preliminary results. Strabismus.:. doi: 10.1080/09273972.2019.1618351., 27(3), 165-171
- Carlton J. (2019 Jun), Refinement of the Child Amblyopia Treatment Questionnaire (CAT-QoL) using Rasch analysis. Strabismus.;. doi: 10.1080/09273972.2019.1601743, 27(2), 66-77
swap_vertical_circlecloud_downloadSupporting documents (0)Additional files may be available once you've completed the transaction for this product. If you've already done so, please log into your account and visit My account / Downloads section to view them.